Do you want to learn from experienced academics and professionals how to make a short fictional film? Join our Film Production Summer School at the Lincoln School of Film & Media, where you will have access to specialised equipment and get expert, professional tuition in:
You will have the opportunity to leave with a film production credit on your CV and the chance to develop skills to make your own films in future.
Why choose Lincoln?
- You will be taught by industry professionals and experienced academics.
- Film and Television is one of the University’s Film, TV and Audio Production courses ranked in the top 20 in the UK according to The Guardian University Guide 2016.
- The school has strong links with influential media and film organisations including the BBC, Panasonic, Microsoft, BAFTA, the Royal Television Society and the British Film Institute.
- We are located on the Brayford waterfront in the heart of one of the world’s great historic cathedral cities, where ancient architecture blends seamlessly with modern living. Lincoln is home to one of only four surviving copies of the Magna Carta, which dates back to 1215.
- The City of Lincoln has been used a number of times for the production of feature films such as Possession, The Young Victoria and The Da Vinci Code.
What Is Included
- A welcome event at the University of Lincoln
- Practical workshops on development, producing, directing, cinematography, lighting, sound and editing, delivered by industry professionals and academics.
- You will have the opportunity to leave with a production credit on at least one short film, using high-end cameras and post-production equipment
- Field trips to Pinewood Studios, BBC Media City Salford, The Harry Potter Studios London and the Manchester set of Coronation Street, a long running British soap*
- A film screening at the Kinema in the Woods, a small independent cinema in a village on the outskirts of Lincoln that has been open for almost 100 years*
- Tours of Lincoln’s galleries, museums, castle and cathedral
- A screening of your films, plus a gala buffet and presentation of certificates of attendance
- A showreel of your films
* The University reserves the right to vary minor elements to the summer school from that described in order to improve the quality, in response to student feedback, and/or due to a lack of student demand. If we are forced to make a material change to the summer school programme we will notify you as soon as possible and, if you reasonably believe that the proposed change will prejudicially affect you, you may either cancel the Contract and withdraw from the summer school
Who is it for?
- Students about to take undergraduate or postgraduate courses in film or media production at university
- Professionals who want to add film making to their skills, and anyone who wants to learn how to make a film.
- Anyone who wants to learn how a film is made
- No prior experience is necessary.
- The summer school will be taught in English with an expectation that you have reached at least a level 6 with the International English Language Testing System or equivalent.
- All students must be 18 or over on the day the course starts, 3rd July, 2016.
The Summer School tutors include award winning and highly acclaimed academics and practising professionals with backgrounds in major broadcasting and independent film and television companies. Their knowledge and passion for their subject will aim to inspire you.
For further Information contact the Summer School Team, email@example.com